Organisations that are interested in organising the Thirteenth International Symposium on Hazards, Prevention and Mitigation of Industrial Explosions (ISHPMIE) are encouraged to submit a brief prospect (proposal) by .
- A brief description of the organisation(s) involved, including scientific profile and relevant research activities.
- Prospective members of the Local Organising Committee (LOC), including symposium chair and possible co-chairs.
- A brief description of the venue and country/region, including travel, accommodation, etc.
- Prospective timeline (abstract, paper submission, review, etc.) and likely dates for the symposium.
- Estimated registration fee, and possibly other fees (banquet, social events, etc.).
- Prospective or confirmed sponsors, and possible in-kind contributions.
- Plans for the technical program and publication of proceedings.
- Social program.
The prospect can be prepared as a presentation (e.g. PowerPoint) or as a regular document and should be submitted as a PDF file.
The International Organizing Committee (IOC) has agreed on the following selection criteria:
- The venue for the ISHPMIE conferences should normally rotate between Americas, Europe/Africa, and Asia/Oceania, provided there are suitable candidates for hosting the symposium in the relevant parts of the world. As such, initiatives from organisers in Europe or Africa will be prioritised for the 2020 event.
- Active participation in recent ISHPMIE event, by individuals and/or groups, will count favourable when selecting the host institution or institutions for the next event.
- Active research activities related to industrial explosions, by individuals and/or groups, will count favourable when selecting the host institution or institutions for the next event.
- Countries, provinces, regions or cities that have not organizes ISHPMIE events in the past will be prioritised.
- The dates for the ISHPMIE event should not coincide with other established conferences on related topics. Examples of such conferences include International Seminar on Fire and Explosion Hazards (ISFEH), Hazards (IChemE Symposium Series), Annual Loss Prevention Symposium (AIChE), International Symposium on Loss Prevention and Safety Promotion in the Process Industries, International Colloquium on the Dynamics of Explosions and Reactive Systems (ICDERS), International Symposium on Combustion and Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center International Symposium.
The International Organizing Committee (IOC) will decide where ISHPMIE 2020 will take place in a meeting organised during ISHPMIE 2018 in Kansas City from . The proponents for ISHPMIE 2020 are expected to take part in ISHPMIE 2018 and will be invited to present their prospect in the IOC meeting. The decision for 2020 will be announced during the symposium banquet in Kansas.
Proponents should be aware that, unlike many other conferences, there is no formal organisation behind ISHPMIE. As such, the local organisers must handle the entire event, including the technical program, the submission and reviewing process, budget and payments, best paper awards, publication of proceedings, etc. Finally, the local organiser is not supposed to generate net profit from organising the ISHPMIE event.